Extrusion process update

The first extruder screw were finished today. This extuder is a down scale of the extruder in our faculty.

Together with the other parts we made an testing setting.

When everything was installed we inserted the super fine granulate (which was made with the “blender”) .

When we turned the machine on the power, we discovered that the screw was left turning and the machine is right turning. So the granulate did not get in to the extruder. The next extruder screw, based on a design form Cavas and Costa (A miniature extrusion line, for small scale processing studies, 8 March 2004) will be right turning to fit our machine. Further more we had some discussions with a few tutors and we conclude that we have to heat the barrel. The heating will be realized on wednesday. In the next update we hope to give some real results.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: